Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 1...finding something to say

Hi guys. Thanks for visiting my blog. I started it on a whim....and you know what? Now that I'm looking at this blank page, my mind is following it's lead. Blank.

I fixed meatloaf with all the trimmings tonight. Actually, I prepared the meatloaf yesterday when I had 4 pounds of ground beef that needed used or frozen. Today I fixed the mashed taters (and a baked tater b/c I don't eat mashed ones), green beans, corn, and fluffy warm homemade biscuits.


Are you getting hungry yet?

Well, here's something to get your mind off food. Snow.


My 16-year-old son took these pictures yesterday. We had snow, then during the night it rained and all the trees and ground had a thick layer of ice when we woke up. Then it snowed. And snowed. All together there is 5 or 6 inches of precipitation on the ground.





So, with all that heavy "global warming" on the tree limbs, they're getting mighty heavy. Here you see our Blue Spruce. It's not very blue, is it? Actually...now that I take a closer look at these picture...they're all in shades of grey. Such is winter.



And here's a small glimpse at our little town. As some of you may recall, I affectionately refer to it as "Mudville." When all this "global warming" melts, it will be apparent why I call it Mudville. Here in Eastern Ohio, there really isn't much flat ground. Most of it is hills. Lots of up-and-down hills. I plan on getting some pics to show you later. I know, I know...you can't wait. {snicker} Anyway, any time it rains all that water follows gravity and runs downhill. This could create problems...and often does. Such is life in our part of the world.

So there you go...my first day's ramblings. Aren't you glad you came by to visit?

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you Pam! I am a home-school mom also! Loved the pictures...we got lots of that snow and then rain and ice here in Delaware! Wonderful time of year!

    ReplyDelete