Thursday, August 6, 2009

More critters.

The other day I posted about some of the critters the boys catch and release. I've been wanting to post about the ones that they've kept...but my middle son hasn't taken the pictures for me yet. I'd do it myself, but I like to encourage him in things that he's interested...and this year it's photography.
Anyway, today while I was at work I saw this butterfly. It landed on the landscaping rocks in front of me and waited for me to get a camera, all the while slowly opening and closing it's beautiful wings in the sunlight....then it danced and flittered around me for a minute or two before it landed again.

Does anyone know what kind of blue and black butterfly this is?

1 comment:

  1. That's GORGEOUS. I have no idea what kind it is - I've only seen them at the Butterfly House at the zoo, and I'm afraid I wasn't paying attention to the lesson. *hangs head*

    ReplyDelete