Friday, August 14, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

I *LOVE* August! I'm tellin' ya, that first bite of ripe tomato straight from the garden...UGH! So good!
Another of my favorite things about August is....it's Blackberry season!
My boys went Blackberry picking today.
HeHeHe {skipping around the house with joy}
So what did I do? I baked a pie, of course!

It was delicious. With ice cream.

Then I put the rest in the freezer on a cookie sheet.

Hello, my pretties. I love you. All of you. I show no favoritism.

Once they were frozen, I measured them and bagged them to be put in the freezer--to be made into pie another day.

I usually mix the pie filling and freeze that, but I decided not to do that this year. I'm flexible that way.

Shhh...don't tell anyone...but those two bags aren't the first ones to be put in the freezer this year. I have more. HeHeHe {skipping around the house} {again}

I am SOOOOO having Blackberry pie in the dead of winter when it looks like THIS outside. That's a link to my very first blog post, BTW.

{sigh} All is well in my world. Well, it will be as soon as I buy three bushels of tomatoes from the Amish farmer down the road and can 30 quarts of chopped tomatoes and 50 or 60 pints of salsa. I predict more skipping around the house to come.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I lived next door. YUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the canning!1

    by the way, do you know anyone with green beans to sell. Mom wants two bushels.

    ReplyDelete