Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tomorrow I get my kitchen back!

The tomato juice is made


the pizza sauce is made


and the last of the grapes were used up in making juice today.


Tomorrow the kids and I will pack away all the canners, rings and equipment and I'll have my kitchen countertops back. I've been canning for nearly a month and I am sooooooo ready for this stuff to disappear for another year.

Tomorrow I think I'll start making up batches of cookie dough to freeze for later--when it's baking season. You know, drop oatmeal or chocolate chip cookie dough onto trays, freeze them, then bag 'em up with baking instructions and pack back into the freezer. Then, when you've got the oven heated up from baking a meatloaf or a casserole, you can just pop a sheet of cookies in the oven in no time and VIOLA! there's dessert.

I love it when I look like super mom! :)

Besides, now that I'm in perpetual motion mode, I have to do SOMETHING lest I look like a slug. The winter cometh...and I really do turn into a slug on those dark, depressing days.

Oh...Allie, I just want to thank you for all your encouraging words. You don't know how much it means to me to find a friendly comment after I've posted. Thanks for being there for me, friend! I'm sorry for all the times you've asked a question and I haven't answered. You deserve better. I love you, man! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Slug? YOU? I think not. I'm going to sneak over and raid your cupboards! And probably stick around for dessert.
    And you are most welcome, dear friend. I hardly follow the hs board anymore, I'm so immersed in blogland, lol. I keep up with you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Pam, I tried to leave a comment once and it didn't go thru. Let's see if this works. You are much too ambitious for me. I put up a some squaush and a few green beans but the garden quit on me in the heat. Except for the okra, I could drown in okra. I've been pickling it.

    angiep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great, Pam. I know where I am coming next time we are in OH. Cookies, pizza, juice! Works for me! lol

    You are supermom in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Those are absolutely beautiful! I sure wish I'd thought to prepare so well for the days of winter. You made me feel like that lazy grasshopper. I need to borrow some of your ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete