Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Brownies

In my last post I mentioned a brownie recipe, but I didn't share it. Well, I felt so bad about it that I just *had* to come here today and post it for you. So as soon as I put the carrot cake in the oven that I made from Mom's recipe, I dashed right over here to post this brownie recipe.

You love me for being me, right?

Hershey’s Best Brownies

½ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
½ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
1/3 cup Hershey’s cocoa
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped nuts, optional

Blend oil or melted butter, sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Add eggs; beat well using spoon. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in nuts. Spread into a greased 9-inch square pan. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Cool in pan. Frost with Creamy Brownie Frosting. Cut into squares.
Yield: about 16 brownies

Creamy Brownie Frosting
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons Hershey’s cocoa
1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk

Cream butter or margarine, cocoa, corn syrup or honey and vanilla in small mixer bowl. Add confectioners’ sugar and milk, beat to spreading consistency.

1 comment: