Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring is in the air.


Spring has finally come to the Ohio Valley.  It has been slowing making an appearance all month, but today I can finally show you the wonderful blooms.  My gardening friends (okay, I only have one -Deb- but it sounded good, right?) will appreciate today's pictures.

The lilac bush is beautiful. Wish you could smell it.  {achoo!}

My favorite flower.  It's my favorite because it came from my parent's farm.
...and because I've never seen this particular Iris anywhere else.  It grew wild on the farm.


The Hostas have finally made an appearance after their long winter nap.


The neighbor's Parrot tulips were beautiful this year. Sadly, I didn't make it out there to snap a pic in the morning, when they're most spectacular.


The pink Dogwood at church is blooming
...but not the white one.


The Azaleas are looking marvelous this year.

 
Even the Dandelions are a welcome sight.
  After a winter of seeing so much white, the colors of Spring are all welcome.

Of course, all this changes and the Dandelions will be a weed again starting next month.

Just sayin.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! I'm loving seeing them all, on blogs and around my neighborhood. Azaleas are my all-time favorite - my mom had one at our old house that looked like something from the South, it was AMAZING. Out of everything from that house, I miss those flowers the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ouch! I'm hurt. I thought I was a "gardening friend". Enjoyed your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Leslie...I forgot! I'm so sorry. I have TWO gardening friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete