Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Well, August came and went without much hooplah.

So...I didn't blog about it.  We kept busy with work and activities, as usual.  We picked bushels of apples...gave many away and froze as much as the freezer would hold.  And I still. had. apples.   So, for the first time in my life, I made huge batches of applesauce and I canned them.  The kids helped, of course.  I can't do all that I do without the help of my children. 
We were also given tomatoes, so for the first time in my life I was able to can tomatoes without A) having to pay for them...or B) having to pick them.  In fact, the only thing I've had to purchase this year was canning lids. 
Hubs found time to install a ceiling fan on our remodeled porch.  He and the boys painted the porch floor and it's holding up nicely.  I forgot to pick up paint for the storm door, so that's not done yet.  In fact, so many things aren't done yet I've decided not to depress myself by telling you about them...so that's all I have to say about that.

Meanwhile, life goes on.  Dad has been in and out of the hospital since July.  He's 83.  'nuff said.

OH, and we attended a wedding last week.  The bride is my daughter's age.
>>freak out<<
When did I get this old?  I was too busy living life to notice.

And yet once again my favorite time of year has rolled around.  Thank you, Lord.  Hubs and I are planning a getaway at one of the most beautiful places on earth to celebrate our anniversary.  I hope to take many pictures...some of which I want to share with you.  I'm just thoughtful that way.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment