Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Graduating Class of 2009

The graduation was last Saturday. It went well. Katherine felt special, which was everything I wanted for her. She didn't wear a traditional cap and gown. Everyone who knows us well knows that we aren't very traditional.

Instead she wore a sash and headband (with a cap and crown attached). Both said, "Princess Grad".

I'm surprised that nobody has put out a webpage with ideas and suggestions on hosting a homeschool graduation. For those of us doing it for the first time, it's intimidating. In the end we decided to do our own thing. I wrote a speech. Her father presented her with the diploma. Then she gave a speech.
A friend grabbed my camera and took pictures, otherwise I wouldn't have any.
*I* forgot to take any pictures! Can you believe it? That was my only regret from the day...that I didn't get any pictures of the guests. After everyone ate (of *course* I fed them all), the teens got a game of softball together and played outside in the heat and humidity. We older folks stayed in air-conditioned comfort and talked. :^) I'm so glad I put on all the invitations to "dress casual." I think everyone was comfortable, therefore we all had a good time.

We are so blessed. I just can't say that enough. We are blessed with friends, with family, with fincances and support. I could go on and on....but I won't. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way you do about homeschool grad ideas. After my oldest graduated, I wrote an article for Homeschooling Today with ideas, tips, and suggestions. :0)

    Our son graduated this year...the youngest one. It was fun! The best thing about homeschool graduations is how personal they are!

    Congrats to the student and her parents. It's an accomplishment for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Congratulations to all of you! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by to say you are missed.....

    ReplyDelete