Monday, February 22, 2010

My name is Pam and I'm a font-aholic.

I love fonts.  What are fonts, you ask?  Fonts are typeface...and you can change them to suit your mood.  I love that.
When I'm designing a new header for the blog or a newsletter or just about anything, I search through my large collection of fonts to choose just the right one to convey the message.  I have fonts that make you think "Western" or "Beach" or "Childish" when you see them--before you even read the words.  I love that about fonts.
Sadly, I can name the fonts they use on billboards and advertisements.  If I can't name it, it will drive me crazy until I find it.  I know!  I need a life.
I love the gentle, romantic swoop some fonts have.  And the crisp, clean lines of others.  And still others with uneven, carefree elements call to me.
I know there are other font-aholics out there. Why else would there be so many websited dedicated to fonts?  But for those of you who are not, I'm betting you're sorry you read this post and are thinking, "Well, that's two minutes of my life I'll never get back."
I'm sorry.  I'm just being me.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. ME TOO. At one time I had over 10,000 on my computer. The retro fonts are my favorite - 50's advertising fonts. Oh they make my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete