Saturday, February 6, 2010

Oh yeah--we got snow.

So I'm laying in bed last night and thought I'd watch a little TV while I waited for the heating pad to warm up my feet enough so I could sleep.  I turn the TV on and within seconds......pfth...the electric goes off....followed by a blue flash of light outside and a ...bzzzzzz.   Oh yeah--the transformer blew.  The good news is that the heating pad had warmed up, so we were okay for a little while.

That was 9:30.

About 3:30 this morning dh woke up--because that's the time the alarm usually goes off.  He'd went to bed about an hour before I had, so he was surprised to hear that the electric was off.  Then he couldn't sleep--because he doesn't usually sleep at this early morning time.  So guess who he wanted to talk to?  Good news is...I'd gotten nearly 6 hours of sleep and was up to the task.  So while he's contemplating whether or not our orange extension cord would be heavy enough to run the furnace if he fired up the generator....TADA...the electric comes back on.  I know because I had left my bedside lamp on .  Ooops.

So we all went back to sleep (the kids woke up because they'd left their lights on, too) and when it was daylight the guys happily trekked outside and shoveled....and shoveled....and shoveled all that wonderful snow for about an hour.  Meanwhile, dd and I lounged around and had a leasurely morning.  :-)  Life is good.

Pictures will come later.

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh I'm glad you got your power back - how much snow did you get???

    ReplyDelete