Friday, November 20, 2009

Mmmmmm...Pumpkin Pie



Last night I baked a pumpkin pie using my fresh pumpkin puree.  That's it, hot out of the oven and decorated.

Some assembly was required to get it to that point, though.


After making a pie crust, I mixed these ingredients together,

and poured them into the crust.
Hmm? What did you say?
Oh, what's this?

This is the leftover pie crust that I rolled out and cut with the tiny pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter that I bought while hubs and I were in Amish country last month.  Cute, eh?  I had just pulled them out of the oven--did you notice the potholder in the bottom corner of the pic?

When the pie was done baking I put those pie-crust-pumpkins on top of the pie.


Like so.

I love those tiny cookie cutters. I bought an apple one, too.  I'll use it to cut the vent holes in (what else?) an apple pie next time I make one.

Who can handle all that cute-ness?
Next week I'll give you step-by-step instructions on gutting and butchering a deer.

Just kidding.


2 comments:

  1. *sputter* I'm SO glad you were kidding, lol! I don't like pumpkin pie but those little pumpkins on top are too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't kid me girlie! Share, step by step. This may be a lifesaving post!

    ReplyDelete