Friday, November 20, 2009

Pumpkin Puree...what I didn't tell you.

Jen,
If you're going to make your own pumpkin puree, here are a few tips:
Cut the pumpkin in half...top to bottom,
scoop out the insides with a cheap plastic ice cream scoop. I have two plastic ice cream scoops. They aren't good to scoop out ice cream, but I use them for lots of other things. Put the pumpkin innards in a bowl and deal with them later.
Clean the inside of the pumpkin, scraping it with the ice cream scoop (I suppose a spoon would work, too--just don't know how *well* it would work).
Put the pumpkin, cut side down, on a cookie sheet and place in a 350 degree oven for *around* an hour (it all depends on the size of the pumpkin). Turn the pumpkin half over and test the pulp with a fork for doneness. You want it to be soft.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Pam. I haven't had the time to even try lately. I reread your post and boy I wish I had a pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete