Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ahhhhh.

It's one of those peaceful moments in my life. All is well with my soul. I'm happy and I know it.
My husband and two teens left yesterday morning with the church youth group to go to an annual Christian concert event. They arrived back home an hour ago. I've talked to all three--hearing all the exciting news--and now they're resting. My girl had the most sleep--3 or 4 hours. Doug, who had to drive one of the vans, slept for 2 hours. My boy stayed up all night and HE is the one who is most talkative.
He's growing up. And it makes me smile. When I witness those touching moments when he's being the protective or helpful big brother to his little brother...and when I see how he teases his big sister one moment and the next he fiercely protects her...it just touches my heart. My oldest boy is growing up and becoming a man--and I like what I see. Good job, sweet boy. You're going to be OK in this world. Our job of raising you is almost over and in a few short years you will step out on your own. May God continue to be your focus and guide. Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment