Friday, April 3, 2009

Falling Behind

I'm falling behind. The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. Every have those times?
I've had a stress-filled morning at work. When I got home I discovered I had left my cell phone (I use it as a clock) on my desk at work. I have to make another trip out. Yesterday's adventure has not helped my stress levels to stay down:
Yesterday I got my hair trimmed. I *finally* had a haircut that I loved. You guessed it, the hairdresser did her own twist on it and it's ugly. It used to frame my face...now my bangs (which I'm not supposed to have) are about mid-ear level. It gets better--when I pull the bangs to the front, one side is over an inch longer than the other. It used to have layered look all around the bottom edge...now it's cut...well...odd. I feel like I'm wearing a helmet of hair. It's as if she cut the top layer twice and forgot to cut the bottom layer. I don't know if she was going for a mullet look, but she missed that mark, too. But that's as close to describing this weird look as I can muster. I have been unable get this wild cut to tame down enough to look decent. I haven't decided what to do about it other than let it grow out enough to have someone different try to get *my* style back. I hate this. I've known this gal since she was a baby. I used to teach her in Sunday School. She certainly didn't butcher my hair on purpose. But I won't be returning. I can't even get her to fix the uneven edges unless I'm willing to wait until next Wednesday or Thursday (the only two days her shop is open). So now I either have to pay someone else to fix it or take a whack at it myself. Decisions, decisions.
Tomorrow is a new day, gals. Let's hope its a good'n.

No comments:

Post a Comment