Saturday, April 4, 2009

How about a recipe?

I'm still working on getting a few more wedding pics up...and maybe a couple of our engagement pics. I was working on them the other night and I asked my daughter..."Why does your dad look like a Mexican in all of these?" She came rushing over to the puter and said..."Yeah, he does!"
For the record...he's not. I don't have anything against *any* nationality. I just happened to fall in love with an Irish man. Who evidently looks Mexican in old photos.

ANYWAY...
I thought I'd share Mom's recipe for Strawberry Pie. I made it Monday. It disappeared as soon as I took it out of the fridge. Yeah, it's THAT good. Make it for your family this week. They'll love you for it.

Pie Crust:
1 (and) 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup milk

In a pie plate, combine flour, sugar and salt.
Combine oil and milk; pour over flour mixture; stir with a fork.
Press into pie plate and prick with fork well.
Bake at 425 degrees for 12 to 17 minutes. Cool.

Strawberry filling:
1 package strawberry gelatin
2 cups hot water
1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons corn starch

Combine in a heavy saucepan.
Boil 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
Cool.

Once everything is cooled down, put strawberries in the pie crust (Mom leaves them whole....I cut them up. It will not take an entire quart of strawberries.) and pour the filling over them--making sure that they all get coated. Put in the fridge until it's set (an hour? maybe two? sorry--I've never timed it). Serve with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment