Monday, February 2, 2009

Is it hot in here or is it just me?

I can remember my Mother telling me how HOT it was in the room. I didn't think it was hot, but she insisted. I never really understood that...until a few years ago.
But now it is all too clear. Sadly.
But I try not to insist that it is hot. I just look around the room and gather the clues before I open my mouth. I know--it's shocking to think I've learned to do that, isn't it? Usually I just blurt out the first thing that comes to mind. But the thing about menopausal hormones is that they eat up brain cells faster than you can replace them--so now I've forgotten what I was going to say before I get a chance to say it. So, you see, it's not that I've learned to hold my tongue. It's that I'm forgetful. Severely forgetful.
But I digress.
As I was saying, I look around the room to see if anyone else is sweating buckets before I comment on how immensely hot it has gotten. Usually the answer is...no. But if I'm in a room with my closest friends, who are also going through this journey, then I can feel free to say what's on my mind and they will sympathize with me. Friends are that way. At least mine are. God has blessed me with some of the most wonderful girlfriends who encourage and uplift one another. I hope that He will do the same for you. And to my friends I say...THANKS for being there for me.
Excuse me now while I melt into a puddle. Are you sure it's not hot in here to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment