Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Colleen to the rescue!

Sunday I wrote about losing things. Among them...my lost brain cells.
Let me back up.

Several years ago (what's it been Colleen, five years?) I met an online friend and her family. We enjoyed an afternoon taking in the beauty of God's green country. I've never been the same since. And here's why:

She stole my brain cells.

Oh, she's a sneaky one.

She CLAIMS that it was an accident...that they got all mixed up.
I can't dispute that.

So...I'll just say...Thanks for returning them, Colleen.
Hey! Are you sure these are mine? I thought the blue ones were yours! Oh well...they don't look like you used them. hehehe


On to more important things:

Remember all that snow I showed you last week?

Forget about it.

It's gone.

*POOF* Just like that.

Well, actually...not "just like that". It took several days of above-freezing temperatures for it to melt. Now all that's left of it is the huge piles at the end of driveways and parking lots.

But don't worry...it will be back. Winter has not had the final word. Yet.

And then guess what?

Spring. With all it's beautiful flowers.

Irises are my absolute favorites.

2 comments:

  1. Are these YOUR iris's blooming after that snow? Incredible, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They ARE my iris's. But not this year's. They won't bloom until early spring...right after the daffodils and before the domesticated Iris's bloom. They're wild Iris's...and early bloomers. :) But...they won't bloom at all unless I get out there and thin them. Want some bulbs?

    ReplyDelete