Thursday, February 12, 2009

My quirky dog.

The first picture in yesterday's post is of my dog, Mimi. She's a retired Greyhound. Several years ago we were involved in a "rescue" group that helped find homes for retired Greyhound. We fostered several dogs. I forget the count now. Anyway, Mimi was our second foster dog. From the second she got into my station wagon, I could tell this dog had a Princess attitude...and that's what I called her all week. Princess Mimi. She stayed with us a week and was adopted out right away. She left on a Saturday. She came back the next day--Sunday. I'll tell you the rest of her story another day.
She's getting old now and no longer sleeps upstairs with the rest of the family. Occasionally she'll venture upstairs to make sure we're still there or alright or something. Who knows what a dog is thinking. But she rarely sleeps in our bedroom.
Yesterday was stormy. Last night was worse--with high winds, beating rain, and the *BOOM-BOOM* of transformers blowing out.
Last night, about 1 AM, she came into our room and laid down.
Whenever she's scared at night, she will sleep on the floor at my husband's side of the bed.
Whenever she's sick at night, she will sleep on the floor at my side of the bed.
And whenever she just wants to be near us, she will sleep on the floor at the foot of the bed.
She was on my side of the bed.
Great.
But it must've just been a case of the jitters giving her a queasy feeling...because she got up in 15 or 20 minutes and trotted off downstairs for the rest of the night.
Whew! Dodged the bullet that time.
Hope you guys all have electric today. I forgot to turn my puter off last night...so it was a bit messed up this morning and I couldn't get online. All is well in my world now. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Jen...it's in Wednesday's post. I'll go back and add a pic of her to this post.

    ReplyDelete