Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ever lose anything?

A few days ago when I posted about Timothy when he was 6 years old, I knew JUST the perfect photo that I wanted to use. But...
I. could. not. find. it.
It was lost. I was a picture of him, wearing a wine-o cap, standing in front of the gecko tank at the zoo.
You know the one, right?
It's adorable.
It was lost.
Well, today I went through my backup discs from way back...and I FOUND it!


And you know what? He's wearing a ball cap. And he's standing in front of the Mudpuppy tank. At least I was right about him being at the zoo. He's still adorable, though.


I do have a picture of a gecko at the zoo. It's one of my all-time faves. Maybe that's where I got confused. It doesn't explain the hat mix up, though.
And you know what? I'm not even sure this is a gecko. Does anybody know what this critter is? Obviously I have lost my mind.

Then I got to looking through the rest of the lost pictures that I hadn't yet missed.
A summer vacation at Lake Erie:
Where we went fishing, of course.An April vacation in Florida. Oh how beautiful the white sand beach and the blue, blue water. This was the year that dolphins came around while we were there.Christmas 5 years ago.
My oldest playing soccer.

And as I strolled down memory lane the rest of the family crowded around the computer. As we relived some of our adventures it occurred to me that I need to make a bigger effort of taking pictures. I'm not one to carry my camera with me everywhere I go. I *LOVE* my digital for the fact that I can see right away if I need to adjust exposure, lighting or focus. I wish my 35mm did that! Do you know how much film that would have saved me?

Anyway, we agreed that we need to go back to Lake Erie...maybe this summer. And we'll all miss our Florida vacations now that Mom and Dad have moved back to Ohio. Maybe one day we'll venture out with our camper and visit a beach closer to home. Until that time, I still have my pictures. I know where they are.

Now, if only I could find my lost brain cells.

3 comments:

  1. I have them! I have your lost brain cells. They got confused years ago and jumped in my luggage when we met in WV. Here they are: %$@&^(%$*&(%$W^ I'm sorry I kept them so long.

    Love you,

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lighthouse is that? You went to Lake Erie where? lol I grew up in the Port Clinton area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Shelly...lemme think. We camp at East Harbor State Park, so that must be...umm...don't tell me...it starts with an "M"...MARBLEHEAD! Yeah, that's it. We walked up it one year and dh had to carry our youngest back down those winding stairs.
    We want to go back this year...but not up the lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete