Thursday, February 26, 2009

It was a dark and cloudy Thursday.

The temperature is a little warmer today, but the clouds are hanging thickly overhead. No sunshine for us today.

I was reading Mark, Chapter 1 the other day and something really struck me. Epiphany style. I've been wanting to get here for two days so I could share this with you.
Towards the end of the verse, Mark 1:45 says, "Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in the desert places: and they came to Him from every quarter." (KJV)
I have a wonderful study Bible that has four versions side-by-side. I love comparing the translations and allowing each one to soak in. Here's how the Amplified and NIV translate that same verse (I added the emphasis.) : "Jesus could no longer enter a town openly but stayed outside in the lonely places. Yet the people still came to Him from everywhere."

Wow.

Jesus is in the lonely places. So many people are suffering from depression or disappointments or loneliness and they are in a lonely place. This gives us all hope! Jesus is there...in the lonely places. If you find yourself hurt or lonely or depressed...take heart!...Jesus will meet you there in that lonely place that your mind takes you. He's there. He's always been there for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment