Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday's ramblings

I'm waiting for the canned cinnamon rolls to get out of the oven. I hate those things...but my family likes them. Why do I buy them? Because I enjoy sleeping instead of getting up early and waiting for dough to rise. Because they were on sale. For real cheap. I'm thrifty that way. Any minute now the smell of canned cinnamon rolls will waft through the house and get everyone out of bed. Everyone but my oldest son.
He was up before I was and has already consumed a bowl of cereal. He thinks he's starving every second of every day. Problem is, in the winter time there are no yards to mow and no fields to clear...so it's starting to show on him. This summer he'll trim right down. We'll have to beat the girls off with a stick, I tell ya. Especially since he's going for his Lifeguard merit badge at summer camp.
It snowed last night. Everything has a fresh coat of white over it. It all looks so CLEAN. Much better than all that depressing brown. My friend, Deb Mc, has been writing about beating the winter blahs. Check it out: http://creativesoulbydebmc.blogspot.com/
I love reading her blog. She is an awesome photographer and she inspires me to take better pictures. She also has invited me to tour the Dr Pepper plant with her. I love that woman. One day I'll get over there and we'll drink every sample they throw at us and we'll have a good ole time.
Oh, remember those painful self-shot profile pictures? Both of my teenagers offered to take pictures of me. I just couldn't put them through that.
*snap* {look} ARGH!
*snap* {look} ARGH!
*snap* {look} ARGH!
You get the idea. They're sweet kids. Remind me of that tomorrow, ok?
Gotta run...the family is starting to stare at me and ask...when do the rolls come out of the oven? Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment