Friday, February 20, 2009

I have a profile picture!

Did anyone notice?
I spent the afternoon trying to get a picture of myself.
I hate that!
But even though *I* know what I look like, I have never met some of you and *you* don't know what I look like. So to prove that I'm a real person, I spent the afternoon taking a hundred pictures, deleting most of them and settling on a couple to keep.

And you know what I like about the few pics that I kept? It's that you can't see the white hair! I'm not going grey....I'm going white. My hair is very dark brown, so it has a salt-and-pepper look to it.

But these are the best ones. I made my oldest boy help me pick. Ignore the stuffed turtle growing out of my head in this one:

Here are the only other pics of me on my computer. I'm not one to stand in *front* of the camera. I'm usually the one *behind* the camera. The camera is NOT good to me....as you can see. Here's me dressed up like a Hillbilly at our church's theme night:

See...I'm holding a camera! No, not in that hand...I'm holding dh's gun for him...the OTHER hand.
I cropped this one to use as an avatar on a message board.

And this one I cropped to use as an avatar on the same message board. It was taken by a gal at church. I was taking pics of our church picnic and she appeared in the viewfinder with her camera pointed at me. I laughed, pointed at her and said something clever, like...YOU! The next day she emailed me the photo and told me I HAD to put it on the church's website along with the other picnic pictures. I hate that.

But THIS is the reason why it took me a hundred tries to get a picture of myself. Because when I see a camera pointed at me, I do goofy stuff...like smile weird...and raise one eyebrow.

I need help.

3 comments:

  1. I did see that you had a picture on your blog. You look different with glasses. You look sophisticated. Your other ones are fun, goofy ones. I like them all. Nice to see the real you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shelly the other ones are great fun pictures. I like this one, more serious! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys.
    Goofy...now that's the REAL me. :)
    Do you have ANY idea how weird it is to open the blog and see my image on it? I can't wait for it to move on down the page.

    ReplyDelete